Clouds build with the heat and wind and the sky takes on a blue-green hue. It’s storm season in Colorado. Is your property protected? Restoration King provides you with these tips for preparing your home or business ahead of time, because it’s best to get ready before the storm.
- Gutters and downspouts – make sure these are clear of debris and securely attached to the building. Downspouts should be directed away from the foundation, allowing water to drain away safely rather than into the basement or crawlspace.
- Roofing – check for loose, damaged, or curling shingles and repair any trouble spots. Better yet, call a roofing expert for an inspection and professional help. Wind and rain wreak havoc on your roof year after year, and your roof is your home or business’ first line of defense against damage-causing leaks.
- Trees – any branches that touch your roof or buildings, or are dead, need to be trimmed away. A branch that scrubs your roof during a storm will cause damage, allowing leaks.
- Foundation – slope soil at the foundation to funnel water away. Cement or soil that slopes toward the foundation encourages water to enter the basement or crawlspace.
- E-kit – have a kit with a battery-operated radio, flashlight, first aid supplies, and other essentials already together and handy.
Preparing your property before the storms strike gives you peace of mind and protects your investments. And when the storm advisory does come across, you’ll only have a few pick-up projects to perform rather than panicking at the preparation needed. Pick-up projects like storing the deck furniture and parking the vehicles in the garage. No need to get caught unprepared at the last minute.
Restoration King is your local water and fire damage restoration expert. With the latest smoke and fire restoration equipment, and clean-up and dry-out technologies, Restoration King provides professional remediation and reconstruction services for both residential and commercial needs. In Colorado Springs, call 719-602-7692, and in South Denver, contact us at 720-398-4506 – 24/7. We’ll work with you and your insurance company from damage claim to job completion – and your complete satisfaction. Restoration King – our name says it all.